The state-of-the-art technology used in the office of Dr. Michael Kun ensures that every procedure is performed as safely and with as much precision as they possibly can. Your oral health and your smile are important to Dr. Kun and his staff, and using the most advanced technology available helps to create beautiful smiles and ensure that you remain healthy.
Technology used by Dr. Kun and his staff includes:
- Digital Cephalometric System – If you suffer from TMJ/TMD, Dr. Kun’s experience withneuromuscular dentistry and this digital imaging system can help get to the root of the condition that is bothering you, rather than simply diagnosing symptoms.
- Digital X-rays – Digital x-rays reduce the amount of radiation patients are exposed to as they are with traditional x-rays. Digital x-rays give more detail and Dr. Kun can look at the results immediately, which means a quicker visit for you.
- Digital Pan – This digital panoramic camera allows Dr. Kun to view your entire mouth with much more detail. Images can be recorded and sent via email to specialists if needed, and can zoom in on very small details that may be missed with the naked eye or another lesser camera.
- E4D CAD/CAM System – If Dr. Kun needs to create dental crowns or porcelain veneers, the E4D CAD/CAM System is used so that the dental restoration can be done quickly in one visit. This eliminates sending the restoration to a lab.
- VELScope – In addition to cosmetic dental issues, Dr. Kun also examines patients to make sure they have good oral health. The VELScope system is the best way to find out if you have any abnormalities that may be the early stages of oral cancer, premalignant dysplasia, or other conditions that can adversely affect your overall health. The results are available in just a few minutes.
If you would like to learn more about the kind of dental technology used for your cosmetic or general dental procedure, please contact experienced cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Kun.